Hand Stitching Failure

Yes, it happens.  Some times we fail at what we set out to do.
 Someone donated this oh-so-cute fabric to St. Anne's.  Just love it.  And it is so soft!!  I took it home to fondle and put a crocheted edge to convert this piece of fleece to a baby blanket.  Well that was what I was going to do.  Actually, I learned it may be a micro-fleece.  It's not Minky - but it feels like it. Has no bumps. Can Minky not have bumps?  Any way, I cut the holes for the crocheted edge as usual after trimming the edges.  Got out my pink yarn and started - this was going to be my hand stitching project for today. Ugh, I had too large a hook.  It was making the holes big.  When I came to a corner the slit became a large hole to hold 3 stitches.  This wasn't working.  What could I do?  I tried using the holes to make blanket stitches - that didn't work either - it was too hard to keep the half inch turned edge from getting lumpy. Okay, I fell back to my machine finishing for fleece.  I turned over the edges and zig-zaged them.  That worked!
 Here is the front
 Here is the back
Ready to give to St. Anne's for a new Mom.  So much for hand stitching today.  Did you get some hand stitching done?  Visit Kathy for others who were successful with their stitching. Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. shame the holes did not work for the crochet but the machine stitching has worked well, such cute fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! The frustrations when Plan A doesn't work is such a waste of time. You recovered very nicely and found an acceptable solution. Kudos to you for not throwing it on the UFO pile. A crochet edge would have been so cute but still, now it is usable. And that's what counts, right? Congrats for finishing it. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well. The best laid plans . . . but it turned out really cute just the same, and was much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extreme stitching problem solving right there! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific solution. The red zig-zag looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All's well that ends well. It's a beautiful baby blanket, and that was the original plan. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...